Commodity Supplemental Food Program
A monthly food supplement program for seniors over 60 with incomes below 130% FPL.
The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) works to improve the health of low-income persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods. USDA distributes both food and administrative funds to participating states and Indian Tribal Organizations to operate CSFP.
At this time, we have slots AVAILABLE for seniors to register for CSFP.
Potential Assistance Offered
SMCAA distributes CSFP food boxes on a monthly basis at a number of locations across the tri-county area. Each month, we proudly serve up to 2,200 seniors.
- Resident of Berrien, Cass, or Van Buren County
- Senior aged 60 or over
- Household income at or below 130% FPL (Income may not be more than: $1,396 per month for a household of one, or $1,888 a month for a household of two. Call for information about larger households.)
If you fit within the eligibility requirements listed above, you may qualify for this program! Before beginning the application process, be advised that the following documentation MUST be included with your applicated in order to be processed:
- Knowledge or Proof of All Household Gross Income
- Knowledge of Household Demographics (Household Size, Race, Ethnicity, etc.)
- Proof of Age (Birth Certificate, State ID, Drivers’ License, and/ or other legal forms)
- Proof of Residency (Utility Bills, Drivers’ License, State ID, Home Ownership or Rental Agreements, and/ or other legal forms)
Please see program locations by clicking the button below.