Emergency Assistance (Multiple Needs)
SMCAA offers many emergency services designed to help you! See if you qualify for any of our current active programs.
SMCAA offers many emergency services designed to help residents across Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren Counties.
Potential Assistance Offered
- Emergency utility assistance (such as gas, electric, water, and deliverable fuels)
- Emergency housing assistance (such as rent, mortgage, or property taxes)
Eligibility differs based on programming.
If you fit within the eligibility requirements listed above, you may qualify for this program! Before beginning the application process, be advised that the following documentation MUST be included with your applicated in order to be processed:
- Proof of Identification: Social Security cards for all household members, birth certificates for infants under 12 months of age, documentation for all foster children in household, ID copy of head of household, AND a picture of head of household holding their ID
- Proof of Income: all earned income information for everyone 18 years and older who reside in household
- Proof of Emergency: copy of utility bill OR copy of current lease and letter from landlord with total amount you are behind on rent