Equal Opportunity Provider
SMCAA is an equal opportunity provider.
SMCAA hereby assures that in the administration of all programs and services under its auspices, it will comply with the following Statutes related to non-discrimination, including, but not limited to:
- Title VI I of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (P.L. 88-352) which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, as amended (20 U.S.C. 1681-1683, and 1685-1686) which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended (29 U.S.C. 794), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of handicap, and the Americans with Disabilities Act as passed in 1991.
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended (42 U.S.C. 6101-6107), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of age.
- Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (42 U.S.C. 3601 et seq.), as amended, relating to non-discrimination in the sale, rental, or financing of housing.
- Section 5121, Drug-Free Workplace Requirements for Federal Contractors, Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
- Any other non-discrimination provisions in the specific statute(s) under which application for federal assistance is being made, either Federal or SMCAA State statute(s).